Museum Pedagogy References
- Grenier, R. S., “All Work and No Play Makes for a Dull Museum Visitor.” New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education, (2010): 77–85.
- Jensen, Eric, Teaching with the Brain in Mind. Assn for Supervision & Curriculum: Alexandria. 2005.
- Lanser, Susan Sniader, “The Narrative Act: Point of View in Prose Fiction”
- Shoval, Ella and Boaz Shulruf, “Who Benefits From Cognitive Learning With Movement Activity?” School Psychology International (2011), 68.
- Chatterjee, Dr Helen J., and Dr Leonie Hannan, Engaging the Senses: Object-Based Learning in Higher Education. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd., 2015.
- Milkova, Liliana, and Steve Volk, “Crossing the Street; Pedagogy: Using College Art Museums to Leverage Significant Learning Across the Campus.” In A Handbook for Academic Museums: Exhibitions and Education, edited by Jandl Stefanie S. and Mark S. Gold, 88–118. Edinburgh, UK and Cambridge, MA: MuseumsEtc, 2012. https://www.academia.edu/10963073/Crossing_the_Street_Pedagogy_Using_College_Art_Museums_to_Leverage_Significant_Learning_Across_the_Campus.
- Wood, Elizabeth, and Kiersten F. Latham, The Objects of Experience: Transforming Visitor-Object Encounters in Museums. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press, 2013.
- Woodall, Alexandria, “Rummaging as a Strategy for Creative Thinking and Imaginitive Engagement in Higher Education” in Helen J. Chatterjee and Leonie Hannan, Engaging the Senses: Object-Based Learning in Higher Education (New York: Routledge, 2016)
Storytelling and Narrativity
- Abrahamson, Craig Eilert, “Storytelling as a Pedagogical Tool in Higher Education.” Education 118, no. 3. (Spring 1998.)
- Bedford, Leslie, “Storytelling: The Real Work of Museums.” Curator 44, no. 1 (January 2001): 27–https://www.academia.edu/11058356/Storytelling_The_Real_Work_of_Museums.
- Combs, Martha and John D. Beach, “Stories and Storytelling: Personalizing the Social Studies.” The Reading Teacher 47, no. 6 (March 1994): 464-471.
- Lanser, Susan Sniader, The Narrative Act: Point of View in Prose Fiction. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1981.
Class As Curator
- Bedford, Leslie, The Art of Museum Exhibitions: How Story and Imagination Create Aesthetic Experiences. Walnut Creek, California: Left Coast Press, 2014.
- Felicia, Patrick. Handbook of Research on Improving Learning and Motivation through Educational Games: Multidisciplinary Approaches. IGI Global, 2011.